Restoration of Amiga 500
After I have bought this Amiga 500 computer, the cover was in very bad shape. The previous owner tried to retr0bright it, but it didn't work out as planned and there were a lot of spots.
I have tried to redo the retr0bright on it but it failed. The case became whiter and the spots did not go away.
As you can see there is not much of a difference, so the only thing to do was to do a paint job on the cover.
I have chosen to spray it in gold color as I saw someone doing it to a Commodore 64c and I quite liked the result.
And the bottom of the case.
As well the cartrige and expansion card covers.
In the end I was quite happy with the result.
Now it was time to clean up the keyboard. I have removed all the keys and put them to wash inside the dish washer.
All the keys drying off.
This is how everything turned out after the case and keyboard is reassembled.
This image was taken after building in the Gothek floppy disk emulator.